Offer space or materials
We teach in borrowed spaces around the city. If you might have a space that we can use, we’d love to work with you. We’ve taught in spaces as diverse as galleries, houses, offices, restaurants, workshops, and gardens.
KCDC needs your talents and time. There’s a place for occasional help, regular volunteering, or working on the organizing team. (You can also teach, of course.)
We’ll use your donation to cover costs like website hosting, mailing lists, and teacher materials. We’ll process your credit card donation through PayPal.
- Class Wrangler Occasional Wrangle classes (meet with new teachers, find host spaces, and schedule)
- Facilitator 3 hours per class (including class time)
- Documentarian 3 hours per class (including class time)
- Blogger Flexible (2–3+ posts per year) Write blog posts about KCDC classes, programs, teachers, and students
- Creating illustrations for classes 3+ hours, several times a year
- Web application development 4+ hours/month Django/Python development for the software that runs KCDC
- Linux system administration Occasional
- User research/interviewing Project-based
- Grantwriter Flexible Research grants and help write and edit proposals
- Accountant 4–8 hrs/year Assist KCDC organizing board with tax filings
- Facebook Editor 4+ hours/month Update KCDC Facebook with news and class promotions
Wonder Dojo Roles
Members of the Wonder Dojo plan KCDC programs, lead volunteer teams, and serve as the organization’s board. The time commitments below are approximate and can vary significantly based on your availability and our class schedule.
- Dojo (Admin) 1–5+ hours/week Correspond with students and teachers; coordinate class schedules
- Dojo (Communications) 1–5+ hours/week Social media, press outreach, and newsletter
- Dojo (Event Planner) 1–5+ hours/week Planning parties and fundraisers
- Dojo (Partnerships) 1–5+ hours/week Find new partners and keep in touch with existing ones
- Dojo (Project Manager) 1–5+ hours/week Coordinate people and manage deadlines